I am always looking for good customer service books and case studies for work. I recently finished Bruce Loeffler and Brian Church's he Experience: The 5 Principles of Disney Service and Relationship Experience. It has some good take-aways for writers. We don't always think about customer service or relationships with our readers, but maybe we should. Here's what I learned...
- Excellent companies all "possess a relentless resolve to create the best experience possible for their clients or customers." I say that excellent writers do the same.
- The I CARE philosophy is: Impression, Connection, Attitude, Response, and Exceptional. It's key to how you interact with your customers.
- "Average never inspired anyone."
- We get into trouble when we leave things to chance, or we are unprepared.
- Are you ready? Put some energy and enthusiasm in your voice.
- Be intentional and deliberate.
- The FACE philosophy is: Friendliness, Attitude, Connection, and Excellence.
- Your name is the most important thing you own.