Wanna make an author's day? Here are a few ways readers can help authors, and the effort is MUCH appreciated!
1. Write a review on Amazon, Goodreads, and Barnes and Noble. It doesn't have to be a book report. One sentence will do. The number of reviews do count in the publishing world.
2. Subscribe to the author's newsletter. Many of them have the information on their websites. It's a great way to get updates about new projects.
3. Follow the author on social media. Likes and follows help authors build their social media platforms.
4. Invite the author to speak or Skype with your book group or club.
5. Request that your library add the author's book to its collection. Many have online forms for you to make these requests.
6. Join the author's street team or review crew. These are usually groups of super fans who get early previews, opportunities, and book swag.
7. Buy a book and give it as a gift.
8. Go to the author's signing and get an autographed book for your collection or for a gift.
9. Nominate the book for a reading at your book group.
10. If you like a book, recommend it to others. Share their social media posts, and help them get the word out.
I love my readers. They always provide good comments, feedback, and ideas for new story lines.